I motioned the two-finger sign to my new favorite bartender and she sent me down the poison and I drained it. I motioned another and another and I offered up a toast to honor my solitude on this lonely bar stool. “this is for always trying to get there and when you finally arrive, you don’t know what the fuck to do”.
No one cared.
One shoot, two shoots, three, four, five, a beer, six, a joint in the back with a cook on break. Seven, eight,
These people are vampires, so fake and uninteresting; they all try to be each other and never know who they are. Over analyzing every little detail. Making it all up as they go and they love it. they even, beg for more.
Wallet, phone, watch…check.
I did my best to hold it back last night. But what the fuck happened?
The shutter speed is amazingly slow but I believe I just made out a bon fire.
- Extremely large
- Not the 2’ diameter like the fire chief requires
- This bitch was built to burn
Did I burn myself?
No, I don’t think so.
The shutter speed is slowly improving.
- Bright store
- Full bearded dude holds the door for me
What did I get at the store? What store was this?
- Back of a cab with torn seats held together with duct tape.
- Took a right and then a left…I think
- A voice shouted as I creeped past a door. “Yeah, suck it in man, suck it deep…. eyes wide…hold your breathe. Compose yourself god damn it. You know the stink oozes off you. “
I reach over to rewind the tape. Then hit play “Yeah, suck it in man, suck it deep…. eyes wide… hold your breathe. Compose yourself god damn it. You know the stink oozes from you. “
The rest of the tape was inaudible, the microphone may have been jammed into my pocket or just covered in the stink.